Ashoka Changemakers #socentchat August 3rd!
The Powering Economic Opportunity: Create a World that Works competition, in partnership with eBay Foundation, was a resounding success, sourcing a record-breaking 873 innovative solutions from 83 countries that are developing employment opportunities through market-based approaches! We are truly grateful for your support of this competition and your outreach to your networks and community.
Please join us in congratulating the 15 semifinalists:
· ADEL: Local Economic Development Agency (Brazil)
· Solidarium Fair Trade (Brazil)
· SammaaN Interventions (India)
· Nuru Energy to Empower: Rural Energy Entrepreneurship in India and East Africa (India/East Africa)
· Mobile Micro-Franchising in Indonesia (Indonesia)
· Souktel Mobile Phone Job Information Service (Palestine)
· Prison Entrepreneurship Program (USA)
Please review these innovative ideas and invite your community to cast their vote for social change! The top ten innovations will go on to be reviewed by our expert panel of judges and five winners will each receive US $50,000. Voting closes on August 10th, 2011. I have attached an eCard and the press release that you can share via email.
We also invite you to meet these semifinalists and join us for two Twitter chats on Wednesday, July 27th from 3-5pm EDT and Wednesday, August 3rd from 1-3pm IST (yes, you read correctly – this one is for our community across the eastern hemisphere!) Please help us spread the word and join us for the conversation by following #socenchat!